The Women's Leadership Council of United Way of Lake County is Accepting Grant Funding Application's Now through March 31, 2017
Questions? Feel free to contact Gayle Sikulat at 440-639-1082 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit a grant request, the following submission guidelines must be followed. Only typed applications that meet the following guidelines will receive grant consideration.
1. Applications must include at least two or more written bids for any equipment and/or materials requested.
a. Every effort must be made to obtain the best prices including any discounts or special prices for a non-profit organization.
b. Specialized equipment where only one source may be available must be accompanied by a statement of explanation supporting the single sourcing.
2. Application must be signed by the Executive Director and Board President
3. Funding requests for the following will not be accepted:
· gift cards
· gas cards
· bus passes
4. Funded requests must be used within six (6) months from the date of receipt.
a. Unused funds must be returned to United Way of Lake County within six (6) months from the date of receipt. United Way to advise organization of the exact date due.
b. A follow-up report, from the receiving organization, including receipts, is due within this same timeframe.
5. Funding requests must be post marked from February 15 – March 31. Agencies not funded will be notified in mid-May. Agencies being funded will be notified by the end of May. Funding will be awarded by the end of June.
6. Each grant application must include the following:
a. Completed Grant Application Form
b. Bid documentation, if applicable (see Item 1.b. above)
c. 501c3 approval letter from the IRS (different from the tax exempt form)
d. Any other documents that support the grant request or application.
e. Project budget
If the Guidelines for Submissions are not met, your grant will not be considered and you will be notified by mail or email.
7. 15 copies of the grant application, as outlined in Item 6 above, must be submitted. Each copy is to be identical in content as the original. Only applications that provide 15 complete copies will receive grant consideration.
1. This application is not for emergency funding.
2. Only one grant request can be submitted each granting period. Multiple applications will result in all applications being denied.
3. Grant applications are only considered for the period in which submitted.
4. A member of the Women’s Leadership Council will contact the organization to schedule an interview to review the grant application in April.
5. Award presentation will be made in person at a date provided with award notification. Funding will be awarded by the end of June.
6. Grant guidelines are subject to change without notification.
The Women’s Leadership Council reviews each grant request as submitted. No grant request can be added to or deleted from once received.
United Way of Lake County
Attention: Women’s Leadership Council – Grant Committee
9285 Progress Parkway
Mentor, OH 44060
Submission Guidelines Checklist:
15 copies of the Grant Application
15 copies of 2 Bid Proposals (Must include verification of the pricing. For example: A printout of online store pricing or a written store proposal etc.)
15 copies of your 501c3 Approval Letter from the IRS
15 copies of your Project Budget
15 copies of all documents are required in order for the application to be considered for the funding period in which it is submitted. Each copy is to be identical in content as the original.