Young Leaders of United Way of Lake County Grant Awards Program
Organizations and agencies selected to receive grants will be announced when funds are distributed this summer.
Young Leaders of United Way of Lake County (YL) awarded $8,603 in grants the morning of Friday, September 1, 2017 during their fourth annual golf outing at Black Brook in Mentor. This is the YL's second annual funding cycle.
Funds were awarded to agencies and organizations whose programs directly impact the lives of youth in Lake County. Recipients included:
- Madison Local School District- South Elementary: Makerspace Lego Wall Program - $550
- Lake County YMCA: Hispanic Achievers Program- $1,000
- Lake County Miracle League: DD Playground & Baseball Field- $1,125
- LEAF: L.E.A.V.E.S. Program- $2,298
- Lake County Collaborative: Lifelong Learning for Health & Fitness- $3,000
2016 Grand Award Recipients
Young Leaders of United Way of Lake County (YL) awarded $10,000 in grants the morning of Friday, September 2, 2016 during their third annual golf outing at Black Brook in Mentor. This was YL's inaugural funding cycle - the first year they have awarded funds.Recipients included:
- Crossroads: Horticulture Therapy Garden Program – awarded $3,950
- Lake County General Health District: Nutrition & Gardening Program – awarded $2,100
- St. Mary’s of the Assumption: I CAN the Way I AM, Disability Awareness Program – awarded $450
- Wickliffe City Schools: One District One Book Program – awarded $3,500