About 2-1-1 Lake County
United Way of Lake County supports Lifeline's 2-1-1, a FREE and confidential service that helps people in Lake County find the services they need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can dial 2-1-1 toll-free from nearly any phone in Lake County to speak confidentially with an information and referral specialist who can help you find answers to a wide range of questions and connect you with area resources that may be able to offer assistance.
- If dialing 2-1-1 does not work, dial 440-639-4420.
- If dialing from a cell phone, depending on where you are geographically located when you make the call, you may reach another county's 2-1-1 service. If this is the case, be sure to ask if you are speaking with the Lake County 2-1-1. If not, you can ask to be transferred to Lake County's 2-1-1. Or, you can simply call Lake County's 2-1-1 office by dialing them direct at 440-639-4420.
- The service is FREE and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 2-1-1 is NOT an emergency line. If you have an emergency - a situation that requires police, fire or medical personnel, for instance - you should call 9-1-1 immediately..
- 2-1-1 is different from 4-1-1. If you are seeking the phone number of a residence or business, you should call 4-1-1.
2-1-1 Can help provide information about:
- Basic Human Needs Services: food banks, shelter, clothing, financial aid, utility assistance
- Physical and Mental Health Services: healthcare, Medicaid, Medicare, prenatal care, children's health insurance, crisis intervention, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, intervention/rehabilitation
- Older Adult Services: adult day care, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, nutrition, senior centers
- Employment and Income Services: support, job training, job search, education, public assistance
- Children, Youth and Family Childcare Services: after-school programs, family resource centers, camps/recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services
- Volunteering: opportunities to volunteer and to donate
- Community/Government: times, locations of city council meetings; information about community events; how to contact government offices and official
- Events/Occurances: updates about emergency situations (ex. power outages and community-wide issues)